Are you dreaming of a White Christmas? We certainly are, and with all the cold weather and potential snow flurries in the forecast, it just might happen.
Here in Western Washington it is certainly a rare treat to have a white Christmas. In fact, since 1891 (the year weather began to be recorded in Seattle), there have only been 7 Christmas days that have had snow:
Enough about the weather though. Have you finished your Christmas shopping? If no, we hope you have at least started since time is quickly running out. Chances are, you may have some people on your list that are difficult to find the perfect present for. If that is the case, we have you covered.
Since giving is the best part of the holiday season, we scoured the internet for the hottest, trending gifts this year. This week we will share some of our great gift ideas for the Caregiver on your Christmas shopping list. Finally, next week we will wrap up (pun intended) our holiday gift guide by discussing great gifts for your elderly loved one.
The Day Out
Caregivers have an extremely challenging and stressful job so anything that can help the caregiver on your list relax is a great idea. Here are some possible gift ideas in this category:
- A gift card for a massage, manicure or pedicure
- If the caregiver is a foodie, a gift card to a nice restaurant would certainly top the list
- Tickets to a sporting event, comedy show, play or movie
A Helping Hand
Family caregivers spend every waking moment they have taking care of their sick or elderly loved one. Lending a helping hand for daily errands could give them a much-needed break. Here are some possible errands you could run:
- Offer to grocery shop
- Clean up the living space
- Cook them a couple days’ worth of meals
- Invest in a lunch or dinner delivery service for them
- Do yard work
- Run to the pharmacy
- Offer to help care to ease the load
- Invest in an evening of respite care services so they can go out
The Wrap-able Gift
Everyone loves getting a gift under the tree that they can unwrap on Christmas morning. Here are a couple gifts you can put under the tree for the caregiver on your list.
- Their favorite magazine and a year subscription to it
- A personalized coffee cup
- A nice calendar
- Bath and beauty products
- A kindle or tablet with their favorite books and music on it
- Sudoku, Crosswords, word searches and other mind puzzles
- Caregiving books
- Automatic pill dispenser
- Framed photos
- Gourmet coffee, chocolate, tea or wine
- A bouquet of their favorite flowers
- Craft supplies
- Anything related to their favorite hobby
We hope this list helps you find the perfect gift for the caregiver in your life. In the end, while things are nice, the best gift you can give a caregiver is words of encouragement, an ear to listen and a shoulder of support.
Happy Holidays from Wiser Home Care Services.
One thought on “The Ultimate Caregiver Holiday Gift Guide”