We are approaching another wonderful holiday: Easter! On April 5th Peter Cottontail will take his long journey hopping down the bunny trail to deliver eggs to millions of children everywhere. On the same morning millions of people will dress up for Sunday church services. Easter is not a holiday just for children or religious observances, though. This holiday is also a great excuse to get creative, remember past times, and make delicious goodies.
We have compiled a list of fun activities that can be done by all ages. Look them over and choose an activity that would work well for the senior you care for.
- Paint a picture or write about your favorite Easter. Was it when you were younger waiting for the Easter bunny to bring you goodies in your basket? Or was it a later gathering with friends or family at a potluck?
- Bake Easter cookies and decorate them!
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Decorate sugar cookies with themed frosting, sprinkles, and other decorations
- Dye Easter eggs! Here are a few fun, creative options to dying those eggs
- Crayon Melted Easter Eggs
- Use Kool Aid to dye them
- Use rubber bands or tape to create stripe patterns on your eggs.
- Make a coffee filter basket
- Make Glitter eggs using Paper Mache eggs
- Make an Egg Yarn Wreath
Any of these activities would make great additions to your normal care routine for any senior that you care for. They are fun for all ages, so make sure to join in on the fun!
If you care for an elderly loved one and would like help developing a care plan please feel free to contact us. We can help your family establish a care plan to personally accommodate your loved one’s needs.